A printable pdf version of this questionnaire is available by clicking on this link.
St. Francis Discernment questionnaire
Please print and return this form by June 9th to:
St. Francis Episcopal Church
PO Box 76
Blue Hill, Maine 04614
In 1200 or fewer characters each, please answer the following questions:
1. Describe a moment in your worshiping community’s recent ministry that you recognize as one of success and fulfillment.
2. Describe your liturgical style and practice. If your community provides more than one type of worship, describe all.
3. How do you practice incorporating others in ministry?
4. As a worshiping community, how do you care for your spiritual, emotional, and physical well-being?
5. Describe your worshiping community’s involvement in either the wider Church or geographical region.
6. How do you engage in pastoral care beyond your worshiping community?
7. Tell about a ministry your worshiping community has initiated in the past five years. Who can be contacted about this?
8. How are you preparing yourself for the Church of the future?
9. What is your practice of stewardship and how does it shape the life of your worshiping community?
- What is your worshiping community’s experience with conflict? And how have you addressed it?
11. What is your experience leading/addressing change in the church? When has it gone well? When has it gone poorly? And what did you learn?
12. In no more than four descriptors of one or two words each: Provide words describing the gifts and skills essential to the future leaders of your worship community.
For the next two questions, please mark on the line where you feel St. Francis should focus:
13. to heal wounds________________________________________to serve the
14. to be cared for_____________________________________to care for others